Friday, January 26th will be a full day for students.
With winter storms predicted, please take these steps now to be prepared.
1) Update your students about where to go when they get off the bus, should schools close early.
2) Remember, when schools are opening under a 1- or 2-hour delay, bus pickups begin 1 or 2 hours later than normal. With incredibly cold temperatures, please prepare students by dressing them in layers with hats and gloves.
3) Early dismissals, delays and school closings can affect before- and after-school care programs. Check with your provider now to learn about their winter weather plans. Note: No breakfast is served on days with delayed openings.
4) Make sure we know how you’d prefer to receive updates. Go to www.spsk12.net/Parents/School Messenger to confirm your phone numbers and emails are up to date.
5) For more information, visit www.spsk12.net/parents/delays-closings/
The time to prepare is now! Help us keep you informed of regular news and changing events by following our social media channels. Sites are updated regularly, especially when events are rapidly changing. Stay tuned!
Books make the holidays even brighter! Hillpoint’s winter bookfair will be held next week, December 11-15. Parents are invited to shop with their children during the bookfair. You are also welcome to shop online at our official bookfair website!
You may pay with cash, credit, or a check for the exact amount. Also, keep in mind that books make wonderful holiday gifts for teachers. Please see the wish boxes when you come by!
Dates and times:
Monday, December 11 8:50-4:00
Tuesday, December 12 8:50-7:00
Wednesday, December 13 8:50-4:00
Thursday, December 14 8:50-4:00
Friday, December 15 8:50-6:30
The Hillpoint PTA is holding a Santa’s workshop this year, to allow students to purchase small gifts for friends and family. All gifts will be under $15. The shop will be open December 11-14, from 10:30-2:00. Students should have brought home a wish list last week. Students may visit the store at the discretion of their teacher, or at the PTA meeting. Please see the image below for a listing of all toys and their prices.
Check here for the latest in Suffolk Public Schools!
12th 5:30: Talent Show / 6:30: PTA/Family Reading “Wrap Up a Good Book”
13th Interim Reports go home
19th American Sign Language Team Holiday Sing & Sign program for First Grade 1:20-2:05
20th Holiday Sing-a-long 9:30-10:30 / Polar Express Movie on HGTV 10:45 and 12:45 /
Winter Parties 2:00-2:45 / 2:45 Special Holiday Story on HGTV (performed by your admin team)
21st Winter Break begins!! See you back on January 2, 2018!!
This holiday season, Hillpoint Elementary will be participating in a pajama drive. New sets of pajamas, in any size, will be collected starting November 15 until December 12. Donations cannot be accepted on or after December 13.
You may turn in pajamas to your student’s homeroom teacher or at the PTA meeting on December 12.
Thank you for giving the gift of warmth and literacy!